Home Inventory Software
Been putting off inventorying your home because it seems like such a daunting task? Making an inventory of your household with My Edge Home Inventory is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Just use your digital camera to take a few photos in each room of your house or apartment and download the pictures onto your computer.
- Use My Edge Home Inventory to lasso each item of value in the pictures and enter pertinent information such as the cost and serial number, as appropriate.
- Back up your inventory and store it somewhere safe, such as a safe deposit box at your bank, or with a trusted friend.
My Edge Home Inventory makes it easy to back up your inventory by placing the data file and the photos together in the place of your choice on your hard drive. To back up the inventory, merely copy the data file and photo folder to a CD and store the CD in a safe location.
After you have gathered your home inventory, keeping it up to date is just as easy:
- Add new items and photos at any time. There is no need to take separate photos of each item. Home Inventory lets you zoom in and identify multiple items in a single photo. This greatly reduces the effort needed to produce your inventory.
- Update any existing item by merely double-clicking the item and then editing its details or photo.
- Easily delete items that you have sold or otherwise disposed of. Or even better, just move them to a "No Longer Owned" category.